Executive Committee members contribute to the running of the Group, District or County/Area/Region, by providing administrative support, strategic direction, compliance with relevant legislation and completion of the duties set out in The Scout Association’s Policy, Organisation and Rules.
Responsible to: The West Sussex Scout Council.
General Executive Committee responsibilities :
- To be a full and active participant in Executive Committee meetings and activities.
- To uphold the responsibilities of an Executive Committee as outlined in The Scout Association’s Policy Organisation and Rules. Willingness and eligibility to act as a Charity Trustee for the Group, District or County/Area/Region.* Contribute to the strategic aims and future development of the Group, District or County/Area/Region.
- An understanding of their own role, and the role of others on the Executive Committee.
- A commitment to understanding and forming opinions on the key discussion points and responsibilities of the Executive Committee.
- Willingness to complete various tasks which support the work of the Executive Committee and the aims of the Group, District or County/Area/Region