The Chair will lead the Executive Committee, ensuring that it fulfils its responsibilities within the County. The Chair will work closely with the Group Scout Leader/ relevant Commissioner to achieve the purpose of The Scout Association through the development of local Scouting, in accordance with the Policy, Organisation and Rules of The Scout Association.
The responsibilities of the Chair:
- Objectively and impartially chairing and facilitating Executive Committee meetings. Acting as the Chair of the relevant Scout Council.
- Planning the annual cycle of Executive Committee meetings and setting the agenda for Executive Committee meetings.
- Monitoring that decisions and actions agreed at Executive Committee meetings are implemented.
- Working closely with the GSL / relevant Commissioner to ensure there are long term and short term goals and the role the Executive Committee can play in helping to achieve these.
- Providing direction for the Executive Committee. Ensuring that all members of the Executive Committee have been briefed and inducted into their roles, receive appropriate training, and are aware of their status as charity trustees.
- Addressing and resolving conflicts that arise. Membership and attendance of any working groups or sub-Committees set up by the Executive Committee, where appropriate.
- For District and County/Area/Regional Chair, acting as the final appeal point for appointment disagreements between the Appointments Advisory Committee and District or County/Area/Region Commissioner.