To work with the District Commissioner to raise awareness of mental health problems amongst Volunteers and Young People, challenge mental health stigma, and provides peer support to all Scouting members in The District
To give guidance and support to District Scouting on Mental Health Awareness within Scouting:
• To raise awareness of mental health problems amongst Volunteers and Young People, challenge mental health stigma and to signpost and encourage professional support within the wider community in the District
• Offer advice with regard to their own Mental Health and can support in gaining that advice with regard to Scouts of different Mental Health Issues acting as a point of contact in the District
• To provide support and advice to Leaders in the District in the area of Mental health awareness, challenge mental health stigma and support within Scouting.
• To support Mental Health Awareness Events and Activities within the District
• To communicate all information and changes in policy from The Scout Association to the District about Mental Health Awareness
• To liaise with local Mental Heath Awareness communities and charities and to help them to understand mental health awareness dimension of Scouting