To work in partnership with the County Commissioner to ensure effective operation of the Adult Training, Media and Communications and Activities in the County, in accordance with the Purpose, Principles and Policies of The Scout Association.
Support the County Commissioner to develop Adult Training, Media and Communications and Activities provision across the County:
• Working with the County Management Team, establish and maintain an adult support strategy in line with the County development plan. It should support better and stronger Scouting delivery and aim to assist adults throughout the County to achieve this.
• Provide line management and support to the adults in the Adult Training, Media and Communications and Activities Teams that directly report to you including setting objectives for their work and holding regular reviews and one-to-one meetings.
• Ensure that all Adult Support have an adequate team of supported and appropriate adults working effectively together and with others to meet the Adult Support needs in Scouting needs of the area.
• Ensure that those people being managed are progressing with their own training
• Identify where additional support might be needed and consider succession planning
• Work with the County Training Manager and Training team to develop and promote the training provision for all adult volunteers in the County
• Work with the County Media Team To manage, extend and develop our county online and media presence and develop the methods of communications we use as a County both internally and externally
• Work with the Assistant County Commissioner for Activities to Support adults across the County with permits, adventurous activities and Nights Away Permits Scheme
• Work with the Assistant County Commissioner for Activities to Support the County Activity Scout active support units and that they are providing adventurous activities to the whole county
• Build relationships with and liaise with those holding similar roles across the South East region and in other counties to share best practice
• Act as a deputy to the CC on occasion as agreed on an individual basis
• Attend meetings as agreed from time to time with members of the County Management Team and the broader County Team to ensure that the County is operating effectively and that the development plan is being implemented
• To assist in the induction of new members of the County Management Team and County Team and ensure that they are adequately supported in their new roles