To work with the Deputy County Commissioner – Diversity and Inclusion to raise awareness of mental health problems amongst Volunteers and Young People, challenge mental health stigma, and provides peer support to all Scouting members in West Sussex.
To give guidance and support to County Scouting on Mental Health Awareness within Scouting:
• To manage and support the District Mental Health Champions
• To raise awareness of mental health problems amongst Volunteers and Young People, challenge mental health stigma and to signpost and encourage professional support within the wider community in the county
• Offer advice with regard to their own Mental Health and can support in gaining that advice with regard to Scouts of different Mental Health Issues acting as a point of contact in the County
• To provide support and advice to Leaders in the County in the area of Mental health awareness, challenge mental health stigma and support within Scouting.
• To support Mental Health Awareness Events and Activities within the County
• To communicate all information and changes in policy from The Scout Association to the County about Mental Health Awareness
• To liaise with local Mental Heath Awareness communities and charities and to help them to understand mental health awareness dimension of Scouting