To work in partnership with the Deputy County Commissioner – Support to ensure effective operation of the Scout Active Support Units in their County, in accordance with the Purpose, Principles and Policies of The Scout Association.
Support the Deputy County Commissioner – Support to develop a quality Scout Active Support provision across the County:
• Maintain and grow the Scout Active Support across the County
• To take an active role in the County team.
• Maintain a working relationship with District Commissioners, District Scout Active Support Managers and Coordinators, Group Scout Active Support Managers and Coordinators in the County, particularly providing support in matters relating to the Scout Active Support
• Support the Districts to ensure that there are Scout Active Support Managers in all Units
• Support the recruitment and induction of Scout Active Support Managers, including supporting their training.
• Support the Deputy County Commissioner – Programme to ensure the Scout Active Support units in the County are meeting the needs of the County it supports in terms of the skills and support they collectively provide.
• Support the Deputy County Commissioner – Support to run regular meetings with Scout Active Support Managers as appropriate
• To raise the awareness and promote the Scout Active Support to all Members within the County both as a Membership option and to benefit from their support.
• Promote the Scout Active Support to the local Community and Maintain contact relevant contacts with in the local community
• Attend and contribute to relevant County meetings. These may include meetings of the County Team, meetings held by the Deputy County Commissioner - Support, other meetings at County, Region or National level as well as meetings with Scout Active Support Managers and Coordinators