To support development and delivery of high-quality community impact projects. A key purpose of the role is to improve the quality of community work undertaken by our youth members and their leaders, to ensure that West Sussex Scouts continue to provide high impact (meaningful and long-lasting) support in our local communities.
Responsible to: Deputy County Commissioner (Programme)
Support the improvement of quality youth programmes across the County by:
- Organising occasional county wide, large-scale high profile Community Impact Projects – raising awareness of the impact of Scouting within Scouting and the wider community
- Identifying areas of Community Impact strength and the Districts needing additional support, helping to signpost them to existing training, resources & tools.
- Encouraging Districts to work with Groups to record the actions they have taken over the year to improve their local, national and international communities on any issue.
- Organising community impact support sessions, helping Districts to understand the planning process to deliver high quality projects.
- Working with the County Media Team to showcase high quality case studies of community impact projects, and promote programme opportunities with other community organisations.
- Building relationships with external organisations to work in partnership to take action on local issues.
- Working with the county and district youth teams to empower youth members to identify issues, shape their programme and take action to improve their community whilst developing skills for life.
- Supporting the county and District Young Leader training teams to build Community Impact into Young Leader missions