To work in partnership with the Assistant County Commissioner Network to ensure effective operation of the Scout Network section in their County, in accordance with the Purpose, Principles and Policies of The Scout Association.
Support the Assistant County Commissioner Network to Develop a quality Scout Network provision across the County:
• Maintain and grow the Scout Network across the County
• Ensure that a quality Scout Network programme is carried out throughout the County
• Maintain a working relationship with District Commissioners, District Scout Network Commissioners, Programme Coordinators, and other Commissioners in the County, particularly providing support in matters relating to the Scout Network Section
• Collaborate with District Scout Networks to devise County projects, activities and programme experiences that can be made available to all Scout Network members across the County and, where applicable, beyond the County
• Support the Districts to ensure that there is a District Scout Network in each District.
• Support the recruitment and induction of District Scout Network Commissioners, including supporting their training.
• Support District Scout Network Commissioners in ensuring that a safe, exciting and stimulating programme is available to Scout Network Members in their District.
• Support the Assistant County Commissioner to Run regular meetings with District Scout Network Commissioners, and Programme Coordinators as appropriate
• Encourage members of the Scout Network to gain activity permits and to undertake awards, particularly including the Diamond Chief Scout’s Award, the Queen’s Scout Award, Explorer Belt, Scouts of the World Award and Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme. Support members to access opportunities to complete these awards.
• Ensure positive links between District Scout Networks in the County are developed and maintained.
• Promote, encourage and support good relationships between District Scout Network Commissioners, District Explorer Scout Commissioners, Explorer Scout Leaders and District Explorer Scout Administrators. Maintain a good relationship with the Assistant County Commissioner (Explorer Scouts). In particular this is to enable and encourage the moving on process from Explorer Scouts, including Young Leaders, to the Scout Network
• Ensure that interaction between District Scout Networks and the UK Scout Network is maintained.
• Attend and contribute to relevant County meetings. These may include meetings of the County Team, meetings held by the Deputy County Commissioner Programme or Assistant County Commissioner Network, other meetings at County, Region or National level as well as meetings with District Scout Network Commissioners